The Washington Post's
Once again the Washington Post asked readers to take any word from
the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter,
and supply a new definition. Here are the 2003 winners:
Intaxicaton: Euphoria at getting a
tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start
- Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
- Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people
that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer,unfortunately,
shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
- Foreploy: Any misrepresentation about yourself for the
purpose of getting laid.
- Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders
the project financially impotent for an indefinite period.
- Giraffiti: Vandalism spray-painted very, very high.
- Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit
and the person who doesn't get it.
- Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are
- Hipatitis: Terminal coolness.
- Osteopornosis: A degenerate disease. (This one got extra
- Karmageddon: It's like, when everybody is sending off
all these really bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes
and it's like a serious bummer.
- Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through
the day consuming only things that are good for you.
- Glibido: All talk and no action.
- Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter
when they come at you rapidly.
- Arachnoleptic Fit (n.): The frantic dance performed
just after you've accidentally walked through a spider web.
- Beelzebug (n.): Satan in the form of a mosquito that
gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.
- Caterpallor (n.): The color you turn after finding half
a grub in the fruit you're eating.
And the pick of the literature:
18. Ignoranus: A person who's both stupid and an asshole.
Hudsoncress.org is also welcoming additions to this list: Click
here to Email a submission!!! I will add your own brand new word to
this list! Perhaps I'll even teach it to the Japanese!
And you too can be famous... Please specify if you want credit and your
own email link!